WELCOME TO MARTIE'S HEART!

I would like to say "Hello" and "Welcome" to Martie's Heart!
This is my "Warm" and "Fuzzy" place where I open my heart and arms to all of my "Old" and "New" friends and family!
So, pour yourself a cup of tea, sit back, and relax a while as we share our lives together!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I NEVER NEW HOW MUCH SHE LOVED ME


I NEVER NEW HOW MUCH SHE LOVED ME!

As I sat in the kitchen chair by the window, my friend and her daughter walked in the room. As her little face quickly scanned the rest of the individuals in the room, they came to rest upon my face. With her big eyes full of emotion and unasked questions, they never left my face as she slowly walked over to me and gently set a package at my feet. She slowly straightened and put her arms around my neck and held on to me as if she never wanted to let me go, she laid her little head upon my shoulder and her silent tears fell from her face upon my shirt!
Quietly she held me and cried tears of happiness because my test results came back looking good!
I never knew until that very moment how much she loved me, how much fear she was carrying around in her little body, fear that someone whom she loved was sick, someone she loved had cancer. All of the emotions that I was quietly carrying around within myself, I knew she herself was feeling. And, as we held onto each other quietly crying together, it seemed as if our hearts truely did beat as one for a brief moment.
Oh, how precious that moment is to me. It is a moment that I shall carry with me for the rest of my life. The Love of a most precious child!

No comments:

Post a Comment